Homeless Connections, a 35 year non-profit agency, is ending homelessness by connecting individuals and families to resources that promote self-sufficiency and prevent future homeless episodes. The Community Relations Director is responsible for overseeing all fund development and public relations initiatives, including volunteer coordination, event planning, grant writing and research, and communication management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reports to: Executive Director
• Works with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop and implement a comprehensive development plan for Homeless Connections.
• Directly supervises the Volunteer and Special Events Coordinator; indirectly supervises volunteers.
• Designs, plans, and conducts fund raising campaign and activities, including annual special events such as the Garden Walk and Gala. Serves on and coordinates various committees, plans meetings, prepares sponsorship and auction/solicitation letters, develops marketing for events, and acts as point-person during the event.
• Manages donor relationships, including maintaining the in-house donor-tracking system, scheduling donor visits, maintaining donor relationships, running monthly reports to reconcile donations with finance director, and sending annual appeal letters. Works with Board Members to coordinate personal engagement plans.
• Participates in monthly board of directors meetings and coordinates resource committee meetings. Prepares monthly notes, a resource committee agenda, and verbally reports on fund development activity.
• In conjunction with the Executive Director, maintains a regular grant schedule. Researches new grant sources and writes grant proposals for non-government grants.
• Writes and presents the annual report to the community, press releases, and collateral materials (brochures, presentations, etc.). Responsible for updating website content and has oversight of social media communications.
• Works with Homeless Connections staff to write and produce the quarterly newsletter.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for media requests, as well as external requests for speaking engagements and tours. With the Volunteer and Special Events Coordinator, coordinates and conducts speaking engagements and tours; tracks activities on a monthly basis.
• Completes year-end reconciliation of budget items and donor information.
• Attends staff, board, and committee meetings as requested.
Core Competencies and Qualifications
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, plus 5 years of fund development related work experience are required; Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Essential Functions/Working Conditions
• Must be able to work in fast paced environment, work under stress and consistently meet deadlines and changing priorities
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Pay range is $46,100-$65,791, depending on qualifications
• Annual merit pay increase for acceptable performance
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Long & short term disability
• Group Life
• Simple IRA retirement
• Flex Spending Plan
• Sick leave
• 8 Paid holidays
Send resume and cover letter to:
Anne Muller, Deputy Director anne at homelessconnections dot net
Or via mail to:
Attn: Anne Muller
400 N. Division Street
Appleton, WI 54911
Deadline to apply is 11/18/2016
Homeless Connections is an Equal Opportunity Employer