Transportation Positions! Great Jobs, Great Benefits (Chicago)
Gate Serve Ramp Agents/Delivery Drivers are needed at Gate Gourmet!
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Free hot healthy meals daily! Medical, and dental insurance available! 401K with company matching! Paid vacation &holidays!
Gate Serve, a subsidiary of Gate Gourmet in the U.S., handles airline services such as provisioning packaged food and beverage items, packing silverware, assembling soda drawers, and building liquor and beer kits. Gate Gourmet is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads. We serve more than 200 million meals a year to our 250-plus customers at more than 100 airport locations around the globe.
We are now hiring for Ramp Agents/Delivery Drivers to work in our facility located at the Chicago O’Hare International airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A Ramp Agent/Delivery Driver is responsible for driving a vehicle on the airport ramp to provide catering services to airline customers in a timely manner. The Ramp Agent/Delivery Driver must follow all safety procedures when loading and unloading equipment into the warehouse, carts and aircraft.
Job Specific Requirements:
· Current driver’s license
· Clean driving record
· Some locations may require a Customs Seal from local airport authority
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
· Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
· Work overtime when required
· Arrive to work on-time
· Pass a criminal background check
· Pass a drug screen
· Complete paperwork
· Communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatchers
· Follow directions
· Work as a member of a team
High School Diploma or GED preferred
· Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
· Majority of duties performed outside in all weather conditions
· Must be able to lift, push, pull, move product, equipment and supplies up to seventy-five (75) pounds
· Regularly stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
OR text GateJobs to 90206
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
Thinking – Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging – Understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring – Influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving – Delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.