Whether you come for a few hours or stay for a day, volunteers are welcome and appreciated at our store.
Frequency of Volunteer Commitment:
Volunteers are expected to make a minimum commitment of once per week for a minimum of 3 hours. New volunteers receive an orientation and training and the first month is a probationary period to make sure that it is a good fit for both the volunteer and our Thrift Shop.
Hours of Operation: Open every day except Sundays, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Benefits of your commitment:
1. Work a schedule that fits your lifestyle, whether once a week or three days per week.
2. Interact with a lively, committed group of volunteers who use their creative and people skills in service of the residents of our community.
3. If you love clothes and decorating, this is the place for you
4. Learn new retail skills or utilize customer service and decorating skills you already have while having fun
5. On the day you work, you may treat yourself to a free hot lunch in our employee lunchroom
6. Volunteers receive 25% off all eligible merchandise
Must be 16 years or older
Must be physically able to stand and lift donated goods
Must be willing to learn the cash register
Must support the goal of Norwood Life Society of providing the very best in senior services and enhancing the independence and well-being of older adults
Special Training: New volunteers receive an orientation and training. The first month is a probationary period to make sure it is a good fit for both the volunteer and our Thrift Shop.
Reporting to: Director of Volunteer Services
Go to http://www.norvolution.org/ and follow the link to submit an online application.