Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: The Cargo Security Company
Overview: The Cargo Security Company is an independent, third party provider of security solutions for the transportation industry. Our mission is to provide innovative, first rate, comprehensive, and competitive solutions to ensure the safety and security of our client’s cargo and aircraft. We are focused on delivering quality service that comes with commitment and experience.
Due to the evolution of security services caused by regulatory programs and agencies governing passenger and airline cargo, TCSC was created to provide quality unarmed security solutions and services specifically to cargo facilities and airlines, while meeting and surpassing the stringent guidelines set forth by TSA and our clients.
Job Title: WAREHOUSE SECURITY GUARD
Essential Details: To ensure that no individuals cross the entrance unless they properly sign in and are escorted by someone with escort privileges.
Job Description: Security officers at The Cargo Security Company are responsible for manning a post at all entrances of the warehouse and ensuring that no individual enters the warehouse without proper authorization or authorized escort.
Security Officers at The Cargo Security Company ensure the safety of airport cargo warehouses by being the first point of contact for visitors and employees. They are responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Officers will be in charge of ensuring that no unauthorized personnel enter the warehouse.
· Ensure individual credentials and ID are presented and checked for every entrance of the warehouse
· Deter all security breaches by monitoring dock doors at all times
· All doors will be monitored 24/7 and no individual will leave their post until relieved from duty for their shift
· Ensure security of the facility by making sure all doors are properly closed and locked at all times
· Quick response to sounding alarms — officers are required to investigate the cause of alarms
· Complete required daily logs and paperwork to ensure the completion of all security requirements
· Be aware of all security protocol as relevant to the position and location
· Must have PERK card or obtain PERK card within three months of gaining employment.
· Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience is beneficial (and sometimes required);
· Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements
· Must be a citizen of the United States of America
· Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license
· Must have a high school diploma or GED
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of public interaction and report writing
· Strong interpersonal skills are important as most of our positions require regular interaction with the public;
· Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
· Neat and professional appearance.
· Ability to provide quality customer service.
· Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently.
Job Details and Benefits:
· Two days of paid classroom training, and five days of paid on-the-job training are required
· Pay: $10.50-$11.00/Hour
· Benefits — 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· TCSC promotes from within
· Overtime is available
· Officers are eligible for holiday pay after six months
Job Location: Chicago O’Hare Airport
Workdays: Monday – Friday, Saturday – Sunday
Shifts Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight